Hi. I'm Emily.
My name is Emily Marsden, I am a Licensed Clinical Counselor in Minnesota (#873) and a Registered Art Therapist. I attended Adler University in Chicago and completed my MA in Counseling Psychology and Art Therapy in 2010. I have 12+ years experience working with adults (18+) just like you; People seeking support to find their voice, set better boundaries, have compassion for themselves, heal trauma, or challenge self defeating patterns.
I come from a Trauma Focused/ Holistic Lens, while integrating mindfulness techniques, and somatic (body based) interventions. I view therapy as a journey based on trust, mutual respect, and empathy. Through the therapeutic relationship we can collaboratively work together towards understanding and identifying all aspects of you.
Within my practice, I strive to create a safe, curious, humorous, and compassionate space, while not being afraid to be candid and direct at times. I have extensive experience working with a variety of concerns ranging from life phases, self esteem, anxiety, depression to PTSD, Interpersonal Violence, and sexual violence.
No matter where you are in your therapeutic journey, it takes courage to continue to show up and work on yourself. I would be honored to work with you towards your goals for therapy.
Reach out to see if we are a good fit for each other. We can start this journey together.
- Board Certified Clinical Supervisor in MN (2021)
- Contract Clinical Therapist/Supervisor at LBH Private Practice
- Clinical Therapist at Cornerstone Advocacy Center (2015 - 2017)
- Received my LPCC (873) in MN (2014)
- Clinical Counselor: YWCA Chicago (2011 - 2014)
- Co- Authored Journal Article (2013):
Adlerian Art Therapy with Sexual Abuse and Assault Survivors
Journal of Individual Psychology - Nov. 1, 2013
- Received my ATR Licensure- (June 2013)
2008 - 2010
MA in Counseling Psychology/Art Therapy
Adler University, Chicago, IL
- Completed my MA at Adler University in 2010.
- Completed my Practicum Experience at YWCA of Chicago, serving individuals whom had experienced Sexual Violence.
2005 - 2008
BA in Psychology
University of MN- Twin Cities
- Completed my BA in Psychology, Minor in Fine arts (Print Making).